Hello, friends! Today we’re nearing the close of our entrepreneur series with a conversation I’m excited to share with my guest, Colin Stuckert, Founder of Wild Foods Co and The Better Human Co, as well as the host of the Better Human Podcast. I read so much of his work, so having the opportunity to talk with him was really fun!
Colin believes in freedom and sovereignty for every human. He believes in the individual. He is an entrepreneur, podcaster, writer, and fiercely independent thinker focused on finding truth and challenging the broken status quo.
Today, Colin and I talk about living a life on purpose, how to think on our own, why we have to get our mental game under control, his current entrepreneurial endeavors to create decentralized, self-sustaining communities, and so much more. Can’t wait for you to listen!
Things to Remember
1) “Your memory is not a system.” Like Colin also said, “A lot of people don’t use their attention on purpose.” This was such a valuable portion of the conversation for me, and was a great reminder that systems don’t take away the opportunity for creativity, but are a crucial part of living our lives on purpose.
2) Limiting beliefs we hold define a lot of our reality. This truth was woven all throughout the conversation, and was really thought-provoking for me. What we allow to go on in our mind makes such a difference.
3) Intentional community is a crucial piece of a life lived wholly well. Colin’s current entrepreneurial endeavor is to develop self-sustaining, decentralized communities outside of major cities throughout the U.S. I loved his question: “How do you opt out of the current system and still benefit from it?”
4) The journey towards the life we want to live is usually hard. Living a life is not easy or simple. I appreciated his reminder that if we avoid things that are “hard,” we are usually avoiding the things that are most meaningful.
5) You have the power to turn off the noise. So often we can get caught up in current events and what’s frustrating us, but we have the power to make the decision to stop giving major headlines the power of our attention and emotions.
The Wellness Wrap-Up
A new rhythm, perspective, or change you’ve made in your life to achieve a life that’s more wholly well.
Colin took a little bit of a different spin on this segment and shared something he would like to be more consistent with, which is a 30-minute walk each day. He plans to set some consistent reminders to try and make this a more intentional habit!
Meet the Guest
Colin believes in freedom and sovereignty for every human. He believes in the individual. He is an entrepreneur, podcaster, writer, and fiercely independent thinker focused on finding truth and challenging the broken status quo. He is the Founder of Wild Foods Co and The Better Human Co, as well as the host of the Better Human Podcast.