If you’re a human, this episode is for you! Don’t let the title fool you. While we absolute dive deep into gut health and healing, the principles Molly and I chat about extend to so much of life. I’m thrilled to share this conversation with you today!
My guest, Molly Pflederer, is an integrative women’s health coach with a passion to help women glorify God in their fitness and health journey. She’s no stranger to health struggles. Her journey held daily headaches, joint pain, unexplained chest pain, fatigue, brain fog, and early signs of depression. The years she spent searching for answers and finding hope + healing were a huge catalyst for the passion to equip women today.
In our conversation, we cover the topic of gut health and healing, what the heck that really means, and how to take steps toward healing when you’re just too exhausted to move. We also discuss a way to approach health goals that transcends quick-fix culture. You’ll walk away with a beautiful mix of practical and inspirational nuggets to move forward in your own journey.
Things to Remember
1. Healing is not linear. It took years for your body to get into this state, so its may take a while to heal as well. I love how Molly reminded us to think long-term, not just looking for quick success. Longevity for our bodies through many seasons of life is worth it.
2. Be your own advocate. Never give up. If you don’t feel well, there is a reason. Our bodies speak to us, and we need to listen. Seeking out a health professional who hears and understands can be such a hope-filled part of the journey.
3. We all have the ability to impact our gut health – positively or negatively. We can choose to consume foods that support positive changes. We can find ways to manage our stress levels. We can find quality probiotics. We have options, and we’re not just at the mercy of our own bodies.
4. You don’t have the time not to have the time. We all feel like we don’t have time, but it is crucial for you to make the time. Like Molly said, there’s way to shift our priories that allow us to focus on our healing.
5. God wants to be part of our health journey. Beyond gut health, He can transform our identity in our self image, patterns of emotional eating, and so much more. All of the progress will be fleeting if we don’t ever get to the root of what’s really going on.
The Wellness Wrap-Up
A new rhythm, perspective, or change you’ve made in your life to achieve a life that’s more wholly well.
“Embrace the process and be present.” Molly shares how she recently took a 6-week social media break, and a big takeaway from that was the permission to set things down. Through that, it gave her the ability to be real, be present, and not be so caught up in the busyness. I love how she said that when we’re always looking to the next thing, we miss the blessings that are happening in the present. Such a good word, my friend.
Meet the Guest
Molly Pflederer is an integrative women’s health coach with a passion to help women glorify God in their fitness and health journey. She’s no stranger to health struggles. Her journey held daily headaches, joint pain, unexplained chest pain, fatigue, brain fog, and early signs of depression.