Friends! I’m SO excited for you to hear from a “mold legend”, Jason Earle, on today’s episode.
Jason has a crazy story that I can’t wait for you to hear, walking away from a career on Wall Street to pursue his passions of helping people find healing. Even better, Jason has completely healed from a Lyme & Cystic Fibrosis diagnosis. Jason is the founder of 1-800-MOLD and GOT MOLD? Mold testing kits.
In this episode, Jason & I talk about all things indoor air quality, mold in homes, how one’s environment shapes you, and finding healing. This is the first part of a two-part episode because there was SO much goodness we didn’t want to miss anything. Stay tuned for part-two in a few weeks (full of practical takeaways).
I learned a LOT in the episode (bleach makes mold worse?!) and can’t wait for you to listen in.
- My free gift to you!
- Use wholly10 at checkout for 10% off your next GOT MOLD? purchase!
Things to Remember
1) Must or a musty smell is the #2 cause of childhood asthma (behind maternal smoking). That smell we dismiss as “basement smell”!? It can actually be making you and your loved ones really sick. This is heartbreaking for so many of us.
2) We spend 90% of our time indoors and indoor air is primarily static. If you have toxins in your air, you are breathing in those toxins (20,000 times a day!). This is why we have to get to the bottom of this!
3) You are your home’s immune system. I love how Jason phrased this! The smell from the mold is a gift, there to let us know we need to do something or we’re going to get sick. When we heal the home, the home can heal us. It’s a symbiotic relationship. I think this is a GREAT tip to start smelling as well as diving into ways we can make our home healthier so WE can be healthier.
4) Mold is the symptom; moisture is the problem. Healthy = clean & dry. Mold is the very predictable natural byproduct of natural dampness. Industry standard is 24-48h for a moisture issue – if you have a longer moisture issue, this is the thing to look at. The #1 thing you can do is find and fix the moisture issue.
5) Black & toxic mold are misnomers – ALL mold is bad (other than the cheese in your fridge!). While it’s a common misconception, there is no such thing as insignificant mold growth. Left unchecked, it will multiply quickly. The spores are here – our world is filled with it! But when dampness is present they can come and produce quickly.
6) Don’t use bleach! Bleach actually takes away the pigments so we think the mold is gone, but the water in bleach makes the mold worse. We just gave it a meal to eat!
Whew, isn’t all of this fascinating? I hope you are already feeling empowered in this topic. Stay tuned for part-two of our mold series coming up next! We can’t wait to talk more about remediation and give even more practical tips for you and your home.
Meet the Guest
Jason has an incredible story, walking away from a career on Wall Street to pursue his passions of helping people find healing. Even better, Jason has completely healed from a Lyme & Cystic Fibrosis diagnosis. He is the founder of 1-800-MOLD and GOT MOLD? Mold testing kits.