Part 2 is coming in hot, but before we get there…did you listen to part one?! If not, go back and listen to Part 1 of this episode, where we talk all about mold misnomers, indoor air quality, mildew, mold myths, and childhood illness. You will not regret it.
Now for today’s episode we get even MORE practical, and I love it! Take a deep dive with us into mold remediation, practical steps on how to keep the mold at bay in your home, and more on indoor air quality. Jason shares some practical steps we ALL can take to make our homes safer.
Remediation can seem like such a beast (and it can be!!) but catching it early along with knowing what you’re looking for is SO important. You’ll find Jason explains that so well here. Listen in for some great remediation tips, what you should be looking for in your home, and when you need to start. I can’t wait to hear what you learn from it.
- My free gift to you!
- Use wholly10 at checkout for 10% off your next GOT MOLD? purchase!
Things to Remember
1) Chronic sinusitis can actually be caused by mold! Research supports that the scent and primal protective mechanism when exposed to musty smells leads to sinuses that simply close up. Asmatics can’t breathe, and fear based responses take over. This is the body’s natural response to poor indoor air quality.
2) Have you heard about VOCs?! VOC stands for volatile organic compounds, and check this out! From 1965 to today, smoking has gone from 50% to 12% of the population, but at the same time, lung, sinus, asthma, and the like has all gone UP in human health. Why could this be?! Jason is convinced it’s because we’re not living in healthy environments. Poor air quality caused by mildew, must, or mold can cause so many problems in our health that cannot be quantified.
3) A great air filter should be a required appliance in every home. We’re bringing pollutants in every day, and they’re in our air from paint, floor, carpet, cabinets, everything! So unless you are removing these things you are breathing them in! Allergic reactions can be exacerbated by these products; get yourself fresh air, and get yourself an indoor air filter!
4) Mold needs removal, not cleaner. At the end of the day, mold is a pollutant that needs to be cleared out! Pollutants like sewage need an antibacterial to kill them. Sanitizing is important! But with mold, it must be completely removed.
5) At home kits do work for testing! At home kits are the same type of data you’d get from the typical professional, but it also gives links to professionals and next steps! The kit runs $150-$300 depending on how many rooms. Find one Jason recommends in the Resources section above.
The Wellness Wrap-Up
Jason shared that incorporating more space, silence, and meditation have been an influential factor for him lately. Pair that with a good night’s sleep and you can take on the day! Wise words, my friend.
Meet the Guest
Jason has an incredible story, walking away from a career on Wall Street to pursue his passions of helping people find healing. Even better, Jason has completely healed from a Lyme & Cystic Fibrosis diagnosis. He is the founder of 1-800-MOLD and GOT MOLD? Mold testing kits.