I am so excited for this episode because it’s something that I am passionate about and has been beneficial in my own life. We are talking about gut health! While we have talked about gut health before, in this episode we are diving into some of the more advanced gut health techniques and how your gut is the key to solving health issues starting from the inside out.
My guest today is Kelsey Mauro. Kelsey is a Board Certified Physician Assistant, a Certified Functional Medicine Health Consultant, and the owner and CEO of Kelsey Mauro Wellness. Her mission is to help clients unlock the secrets of their gut to achieve total wellness and results that last a lifetime.
This was a great conversation, so listen in!
- My free gift to you!
- Connect with Kelsey on her website and Instagram
- Check out the Coconut Cult Daily Probiotic
- Peppermint Oil
Things to Remember
1) Gut health affects more than just your gut. Kelsey can attest to this, but many studies are coming out that point to a gut-brain connection. A simple example is when you say you have “butterflies in your stomach.” This is a gut-brain connection where the nerves we feel in our brain physically affect our gut! The gut is connected to many other body parts, and when we take good care of our gut, all other areas of our bodies are improved.
2) Keep a food journal. This is an excellent tool for uncovering the root cause of inflammation. There are times when the cause may be hard to see. When you keep a food journal, you can see trends of unhealthy habits like eating ice cream every night or a particular food that you haven’t discovered is associated with inflammation and your gut health.
3) One small step can make a huge difference. We talked about a lot of advanced gut health techniques and issues. It can be easy to get overwhelmed or feel like you have to overhaul your entire life. But it doesn’t have to be an extreme makeover! Focus on just one way you can move toward a healthier gut. This could be adding a probiotic into your routine, eating more anti-inflammatory foods, or getting rid of toxins like cleaning supplies or makeup.
4) Work with a health consultant. Many people choose to play around with finding the right combination of supplements through guesswork instead of paying for a health consultant. But in our experience, you’ll end up paying more money this way! A health consultant may be expensive in the beginning as they perform tests and help you find the right supplements, but they can save you money in the long run. You’ll uncover the best results if you don’t rush to buy all the supplements mentioned in this podcast and instead meet with a health consultant to get a plan specific to your body’s needs.
The Wellness Wrap-Up
A new rhythm, perspective, or change you’ve made in your life to achieve a life that’s more wholly well.
Kelsey says, “Changing my mindset by thinking about treating things like my skin from the inside out rather than immediately reaching for topical treatments. Every part of our body affects the other. So when we pay attention to improving the inside, we improve our overall health too.” I love it!!
Meet the Guest
Kelsey Mauro is a Board Certified Physician Assistant, a Certified Functional Medicine Health Consultant, and the owner and CEO of Kelsey Mauro Wellness. Her mission is to help clients unlock the secrets of their gut to achieve total wellness and results that last a lifetime. Kelsey combines functional medicine testing, nutritional counseling, lifestyle modifications, and supplement recommendations to help her clients achieve optimal gut health. Kelsey lives right outside of Nashville, TN with her husband, Bob, their two kiddos, and their 11-year-old chocolate labradoodle, Zoe.