New series alert! The next few episodes of The Wholly Well Podcast will feature voices of entrepreneurs to equip and educate us all. Whether you’re a business owner or not, the principles and practices we talk about in these episode will inspire you to live more wholly well in all areas of your life. I’m thrilled to be kicking this series off with a dear friend of our family: Sean Bean!
Sean is the owner of Sola-Lite in San Antonio, Texas. He is passionate about helping people, businesses, and organizations realize their full potential. Sean enjoys building dynamic teams around a common goal where everyone knows the role they play and are motivated to accomplish the goal. He’s a husband and dad of three, as well as a fellow enneagram seven! (So you know this one will be fun!)
In this episode, we talk about perspectives and lenses to apply to your business, how to identify your life plan, balancing work and personal life, and overcoming the stress that can come along with the daily grind. I know you’re going to leave this episode inspired to live more intentionally!
- My free gift to you!
Things to Remember
1) There’s more to life than hustle. Sean is a phenomenal advocate for focusing on a whole life: family, friends, health, and more. While we both are committed to being successful in our work spaces, being a better version of you will let you be better for the people at home and at work.
2) Don’t do it alone. This can look different for everyone, but some type of community while you’re building a business or dream is crucial. A coach, business partner, outsourcing, or just trusted friends to connect with makes a great difference. Sean encourages us to surround ourselves with people that are smarter than we are, and to work with people you enjoy!
3) Tell your time where to go before it tells you where to go. I love the practical tips Sean shared about decision fatigue, overwhelm, and systems to help us live more intentionally. There is much wisdom here!
4) Fear, guilt, and loneliness are real factors in entrepreneurship. Struggling with these weights can be truly difficult. Sean shares practices that help him work through these aspects such as replacing lies with truth, having reset habits, and being surrounded with community.
5) Just take the next step. Remember, you don’t have to solve the entire thing or see it all the way through before taking the next step. Don’t let fear paralyze you in moving forward with what you bring to the world!
The Wellness Wrap-Up
A new rhythm, perspective, or change you’ve made in your life to achieve a life that’s more wholly well.
Sean shares about Benevolent Detachment… “This is a practice at the end of the day where I give all the weight I’m carrying from customers, employees, and all who I interact with to the Lord. I can physically feel the weight in my body, so intentionally detaching this pressure helps my stress and overall health.”
Meet the Guest
Sean is the owner of Sola-Lite in San Antonio, Texas. He is passionate about helping people, businesses, and organizations realize their full potential. Sean enjoys building dynamic teams around a common goal where everyone knows the role they play and are motivated to accomplish the goal. He’s a husband and dad of three, as well as a fellow enneagram seven!